Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Top Five Wednesday: Newest Additions to Our Wishlists

Pulling a list of books from my wishlist is pretty easy - it's usually narrowing it down to figure out what to buy that's the problem! Let's face it - our wishlists and to-read lists are always going to be out of control and we're okay with that.







My daughter has recently discovered Roald Dahl so we're knee deep in Matilda, The Witches, and the BFG. Looking over our bookshelves I realized that we didn't have any of his adult work - the creepy short stories he's known for. This is my attempt to remedy that.







I'm a bit hesitant to dive into this one, to be honest, since it's been so long since I've read the first two books in this series. I'm fairly positive it's going to require a re-read and these are not small books. I'm still going to buy a copy, though, because there's nothing I hate more than mismached book sets.





I'm a sucker for a good suspense novel and I currently have 
In a Dark, Dark Wood sitting on my bookshelf. After hearing how brilliant that book was I figured it's only a matter of time before I needed this one as well. Besides...look at that cover!









Rebecca is one of my favorite Gothic novels so when went in search of another good Gothic read and this popped up, it seemed logical that I'd be giving Du Maurier another go.








I absolutely loved Hendrix's first novel, Horrorstor, a hilarious and terrifying look at what would happen if you worked at an Ikea haunted by evil spirits. This second book is a coming of age story that could possibly involve demon possession. So...yeah. This went straight on my wishlist and will likely be on my bookshelf before the summer's end. 




What's on your wishlist?

*The Top Five Wednesday book tag was created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey on YouTube and is now managed by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes, also on YouTube. You can find the topics in their Goodreads group, Top 5 Wednesdays, here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment