Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Top Five Wednesday: Top Five Books Outside Our Comfort Zone

There aren't a whole lot of books I consider outside my comfort zone, but for this week Karli and I are choosing the five books that we haven't gotten around to because they're not our usual cup of tea.






Karli - I don't read westerns, but I love Mary Doria Russell.










Tanya - Normally I'm not a big YA reader, especially YA contemporaries. This, though, did such a brilliant job portraying depression, PTSD, and the difficulty in finding a way to navigate high school when struggling with untreated mental illness. 




Karli - A romance and historical fiction, which I usually hate.












Tanya - If someone handed me a book and said "This is a great book about magic and dragons in a make-believe world" I'd have passed. These books, however, are perfect for fans of historical fiction because they're loosely based on the War of the Roses. There's enough political intrigue to satisfy history buffs while slowly introducing the supernatural elements. I was surprised at how fast I whipped through this whole series.







Karli - This is on my "to read" pile but I usually find these kinds of books to be a slog.









*The Top Five Wednesday book tag was created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey on YouTube and is now managed by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes, also on YouTube. You can find the topics in their Goodreads group, Top 5 Wednesdays, here.*


No comments:

Post a Comment